- Europe 2012 is now totally paid off! Another fortnight of living on a toight budget is ahead but then it will be time to start paying for accommodation in France and Italy and Greece! I had a dream last night that I was in Italy and all I wanted was Margherita pizza but didn't know how to ask for it. If you have any travel tips or must-dos, you know where to send them!
- I keep reminding myself that this time next year I will only have to do two more assignments and I will be finished my Masters! I've got two fairly big assignments due in October so am trying to get my head around them while I'm home on holidays. Studying something you like is quite interesting and after my undergraduate degree dragging out for four years, it is nice to be reminded that studying can be interesting.
- School finished two Fridays ago. The first four days were spent in and out of school as about 30 of our Year 12s hosted disabled companions for four days. It was the first time I'd been, in a very small way, involved with the camp. I knew I taught wonderful boys but this was just such a reminder of what good people they are.
- In between the camp days, I spent one day with my dad and his best friends. It is nice to know your parents have people who love them.
- Perhaps the most exciting part of the holidays, was my friend Amy's wedding. Last year she asked five us to be her bridesmaids. We planned a memorable hen's weekend away, went to a few dress fittings and then, before we knew it, it was Friday the 23rd!
Wedding day sunrise. I went for a run nice and early because I couldn't sleep.
Cut to three hours later and we were in hair and makeup. It was a hive of activity.
Hair & makeup done, dress on and awaiting the photographer's arrival.
In the limo on the way to the ceremony.
Amy and Michael both looked amazing and it was the perfect weather for a wedding; blue skies, light breeze and sunshine! These photos are just a couple from my phone on the day but I'm sure there will be plenty more to show soon!
- One of my favourite things about the reception was Gary the DJ. He played some awesome cover versions and put me onto Boyce Avenue. I'm sold and have been downloading lots of their/his songs!
- Yesterday I woke up fairly early and hit the road back to Bundaberg. It is so nice to feel relaxed and just enjoy being at home with my mum. I've been so busy for the past week so to wake up at 9:30 this morning, wash my car, make myself scrambled eggs and do a whole lot of nothing is so wonderful.